Installs: 500,000 - 1,000,000
November 21, 2012
Android 3.0 and up
With it, you can operate your home device via other mobile devices, or you can display information related to the content that you are currently watching on your mobile device.
- Compatible products
Blu-ray Disc(TM) player: BDP-S370, S470, S570, S770, S1700, BX37, BX57, S380, S480, S580, S780, BX38, BX58, S390, S490, S590, S790, BX39, BX59, NSZ-GP9
Blu-ray Disc(TM) Home Theater System: BDV-IZ1000W, HZ970W, E970W, E870, E770W, E670W, E570, E470, E370, T57, F7, F700, F500, E985W, E980W, E980, E880, E780W, E580, E380, T58, L800M, L800, L600, N990W, N890W, N790W, N590, E690, E490, E385, E390, E290, E190, NF720, NF620, EF420, EF220, T79, T39
Streaming Player/Network Media Player: SMP-N100, SMP-N200, NSZ-GP7
AV Receiver: STR-DN1020, STR-DN1030, STR-DA1800ES
BRAVIA: KDL-HX92 series, HX82 series, HX72 series, NX72 series, EX72 series, EX62 series, EX52 series, EX42 series, EX32 series, CX52 series, HX85 series, HX75 series, EX65 series, EX55 series
Sony Internet TV: NSX-24GT1, 32GT1, 40GT1, 46GT1, NSZ-GT1
VAIO: VAIO L (SVL241)
This app is not designed to work with PlayStation(R)3 or older versions of Sony devices.
- Key features
1. Simple Remote: This allows you to navigate through the graphic user interface. Simply glide your finger over the screen to move the cursor, and tap any place on the screen to enter a selected item.
2. Full Remote: This gives you the option to use almost the same buttons as you would have available on an actual remote control, enabling one touch control of most of the key functions of your Sony devices.
3. Keyboard: to help you type characters more easily, a full QWERTY touch-screen keyboard has been included.
4. Free Cursor Remote: You can move the cursor freely while the browser is displayed on the TV screen.
5. Catch & Throw: You can receive/send the URL of a website between your home device and your mobile device. You can display the website you are currently viewing on the TV on your mobile device or you can display the website you are currently viewing on your mobile device on the TV.
6. Disc History/Disc Information: This will allow you to view information on the movie you are enjoying – allowing you to find information about the cast or director, or find an image of the package. There is also a seamless link to YouTube etc. to search for content related to the movie.
7. Game Pad: You can play games or applications on Sony Internet TV using your mobile device as a controller.
- A couple of things you should know
1. "Media Remote" will only work if your mobile device and your home device are on the same wireless network.
2. Some functions may not be available, depending on the home devices you are using.
3. Some functions may not be available in some regions/countries.
4. A seamless link to YouTube etc. is subject to change or termination without notice.
5. Permission to use various functions:
These grants of permission are used by the "Catch & Throw" function.
They allow you to display your mobile device's bookmarks on the TV, and also to bookmark pages shown on the TV.
ReviewsGrant kay - December 18, 2012
Bought a new blu ray player on the back of this being useful and fun but is useless and frustrating! Won't register on Google nexus 7? Why not! Might take player back for Panasonic?A Google User - November 25, 2012
Great integration with my Sony Google TV and Blue ray players. Really makes me wish all my home theater components were from Sony.Joshua Skidmore - December 9, 2012
It works fine, however...
Everything about this app works okay, the menus are good navigate and it is reletively easy to use, however, I do not have Sony Network Essentials as I upgraded to the Sony Media Network, which I can not log into as I need to log into a Sony Essentials Account... well done sony...Leo Hui - November 28, 2012
Works Great ...... Sometimes
When it works, it is my favor it app. But, sometimes it just couldn't find my TV. I have tried static IP and Dynamic IP. Tried the app on my phone and tablet. The app doesn't always find the TV. I am not sure if it is the TV or the App. Either way, there is definitely some issues with Sony's products. Improve it and I'll give you a 5 star.A Google User - November 21, 2012
Useless, STILL doesn't fit the nexus 7 screen properly with text being cut off at screen edges.. This is Sony, right? Your role in life is technology?A Google User - November 22, 2012
Nexus 7 ....
Awful screen scaling - almost useless on this 7 inch tablet. OK on the Asus TF300T.A Google User - October 20, 2012
Does not work with my Bravia
KDL EX720, doesn't find it. Poor show, Sony. Most of features missing, says 'coming soon' since last year.A Google User - September 10, 2012
Running two devices
Great app that I have used on my phone and recently my Asus TF300. Good to see it now runs on android 4.1. I have two Sony devices and often move between the two. Can you put a select device button onto the main options. The only way I can change is to close the program and reopen it, then select device is availableA Google User - October 13, 2012
Good but display problems on N7
Works well but the display doesn't fit properly on a Nexus 7. Some screens disappear off the right hand edge and can't be scrolled or zoomed out to fit. Also the display looks odd when rotated. Needs to be tested on a wider variety of devices!A Google User - September 25, 2012
The remote app works with the Nexus 7, but the screen layout is terrible due to poor scaling. Hopefully Sony can tweak this so that it displays correctly on this 7 in. device. Love my new Bravia though!
Media Remote for Android Sony Corporation
Socialife Sony Corporation
PlayMemories Online Ver.2.2 Sony Corporation
Media players Sony Corporation
Plex for Android Plex, Inc.
SketchBook Pro for Tablets Autodesk Inc.
Splashtop GamePad THD Splashtop
tinyCam Monitor PRO - SALE! Tiny Solutions LLC
Music Unlimited Tablet App Sony Entertainment Network
SGNL by Sony Revision3
Network Audio Remote Sony Corporation