Scanner Radio Pro
Installs: 100,000 - 500,000
December 21, 2012
Android 1.6 and up
Unfortunately, I am no longer able to offer this app via the Google Play Store (the free version *is* still available though), click on the "Visit webpage" link below for more information. I'm leaving this app listed in the store so that people that have already purchased it can continue to receive updates.
Listen to live audio from over 3,600 police and fire scanners, weather radios, and amateur radio repeaters from around the world (primarily in the United States and Australia, with more being added daily) on your phone.
* View scanners that are located nearest you, sorted by distance.
* View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners (list updated every 5 minutes).
* View list of scanners added most recently (new additions are being added all the time).
* Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
* Browse the directory of scanners by location or genre (public safety, air traffic, weather, railroad, etc).
* Enable notifications to be notified when lots of people (such as over 1000, for example) are listening to any scanner (indicating that something big is happening). You can also be notified when scanners located near you (or specific scanners of your choosing) have more than a certain number of listeners.
* Add Scanner Radio Pro widgets and shortcuts to your phone's home screen for quick access (app cannot be installed on SD card to access them).
* Add a "Scanner Radio Pro Favorite" shortcut to your home screen to launch a scanner feed via an alarm clock app or automation app.
* Listen to RadioReference.com's audio archives to listen to audio that's been archived over the past 30 days. Note: You *must* have an account on RadioReference.com and purchase their "Premium Membership" ($15 for 6 months) in order to access their archives using the app.
In addition to the above features, you also get the following features with this version of the app:
* The ads are removed.
* The play button at the top of the directory screens and on the widgets is can be used to start listening.
* With the "Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn" plug-in is also installed you can have Locale/Tasker launch the app and have one of your Favorites automatically begin playing based on one or more conditions or have the app stop playing. One use for this feature is to have a scanner feed begin playing when your phone connects to a specific Bluetooth device and then have it stop when the connection to that Bluetooth device is no longer present.
The audio is provided by volunteers using real scanner radios. If your area is not available, see the menu in the app for information on how to get it added.
Explanation of why various permissions are needed:
The "Phone Calls / Read Phone State" permission is needed by the app so that it can detect when you're placing a phone call (or when one is being received) so that it can automatically stop the streaming of the audio to prevent it from interfering with the call.
The "Fine (GPS) Location" and "Coarse Location" permissions are required so that the app can determine what scanners are located in your area when you click on "Near Me". When you click on "Near Me" the app first attempts to determine your location via the network, if that fails the app then tries to determine your location via GPS.
The "Automatically Start at Boot" permission is required so that a small portion of the app can be started when your phone boots if (and only if) you turn on the notifications feature of the app (that feature is turned off by default).
If the audio repeats or the app stays connected for only a short time, try returning to a directory screen in the app, then select "Settings" from the menu, then "Player settings", and then try changing the "Streaming method" setting.
ReviewsA Google User - December 21, 2012
Love this app Best One Yet By Far
If you only knew how much goes unreported in the newspapers and crime you hear about and for instance in Chicago. We had a store got robbed a couple weeks ago they hire an off duty Police Officer the guys. Come back a week later and rob it again and shoot and kill the Officer. I had turned on the scanner and heard they found the gun and from there found the guy's within a week,and also the scanner is way better and receives way more channels then all the competitions app put together they have a great app!A Google User - December 22, 2012
Something is wrong with Cincinnati police channel Can you fix it pleaseAllen C Windelspecht - December 21, 2012
Does what it says it will
For me this app. was worthwhile trying out....I then kept it and use it Give it a try!!!!Jerry Glass - December 23, 2012
Great appS Mulson - December 22, 2012
Police scanner radio pro
The scanner is very use for my way to work I appreciate all the hard work to the volunteers have done to make a scanner work fineEd Barkley - December 24, 2012
Great app works wellAlexander Larkin - December 22, 2012
Very well developed and usefulRay Carney - December 16, 2012
Program get's better all the time
Only problem I have is content and that is offered by someone else. Love the addition of trunking data, makes folling much easier. Keep making this app better. Best one on the market.Tim Huff - December 20, 2012
Need additional county
Need to include St. Francois Co. Missouri to the stream. Bought this app almost two years ago and have been waiting. Please add this county to the stream. Great app otherwise!Jeremy Willis - December 16, 2012
Good app. Nice to have a quick one touch widget to listen to my local area.
Scanner Radio Gordon Edwards
Scanner Radio Chat Plug-in Gordon Edwards
Scanner Radio Pro Locale PlgIn Gordon Edwards
Scanner Radio Locale Plug-in Gordon Edwards
Police Scanner Radio PRO BEROBO (Police Scanner Radio)
TuneIn Radio Pro TuneIn
Riley Martin Soundboard Nino Del Padre
Police Scanner Juicy Development
Police Lights Pro Lusumdy
Survive! Pro Upgrade Droidworks Inc.