Installs: 1,000,000 - 5,000,000
December 18, 2012
Android 4.0.3 and up
Apex Launcher helps you create a customized homescreen experience on your Android (4.0 ) device.
- Customizable homescreen grid size and up to 9 homescreens
- Scrollable dock with up to 7 icons per page and up to 5 pages
- Infinite & elastic scrolling (homescreen, drawer and dock)
- Fancy transition effects (tablet, cube, etc.)
- Hide elements as you want (persistent search bar, status bar, or even the dock)
- Customizable icons and labels for shortcuts and folders
- Choose different folder preview styles and background
- Multiple drawer styles (transparent/opaque, horizontal/vertical, paginated/continuous)
- Drawer apps sorting (title, install date, mostly used)
- Hide apps from the drawer
- Lock your desktop to prevent accidental changes
- Enjoy homescreen gestures (pinch, swipe up/down, double tap)
- Advanced theme engine (icon packs, skins, etc.)
- Backup/restore settings and data
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Lots of other customization options!
Apex Launcher Pro (Paid Version) Features:
- Multiple configurable drawer tabs
- Unread count notifications
- Dock swipe gestures
- Two finger gestures
- More transition effects
- ADW, LauncherPro, and Go Launcher theme support
- Batch add option for folders
- Option to merge folder contents
- Widgets in dock (1x1 only)
- Overlapping widgets
- More features on the way!
- Pinch the screen to access screen previews (like Exposé or HTC Sense).
- Long press an icon to drag and drop it over another one to create a folder.
- Long press icons/folders on the desktop and choose edit from the popup menu to customize icons and labels.
- Drag, hover, and drop app icons over the delete button at the top of the screen to quickly uninstall apps.
- Long press an app in the hide apps list to quickly launch that app.
- Switch to single screen wallpaper mode to fix wallpaper zooming issues.
- Enable the Root Helper in advanced settings (root required) to add widgets from the drawer.
- BIND_APPWIDGET: Required to add widgets from the drawer (only if installed as system app).
- CALL_PHONE: Create direct-dial shortcuts on the homescreen.
- EXPAND_STATUS_BAR/SET_WALLPAPER/SET_WALLPAPER_HINTS/VIBRATE: Standard launcher functions.
- INTERNET/ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Check for updates and anonymous usage/error reporting (optional).
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Backup/restore settings and data.
- READ_CONTACTS/READ_SMS/GET_ACCOUNTS/READ_CONTENT_PROVIDER: Missed call and unread SMS/Gmail notifications (pro version).
ReviewsGiles Peach - December 18, 2012
Always come back to Apex
It's functional, fast, and pretty without being a massive drain on resources. I always come back to Apex.Brian Parchman - December 19, 2012
Takes the edge over Nova
Nova Launcher Pro and Apex Launcher Pro are VERY similar apps. But I found Nova to be too quick to showcase new gimmicks that are usually pretty buggy, while Apex makes sure to remain stable. Apex also has the ability to overlap widgets, making for some wonderful customized home screens and widget combinations. Apex takes the win in my book.A Google User - December 18, 2012
Icons get cut off...
Love the update but icons on top row in app drawer get cut off when set higher then 110%Alaa Al-Yousef - December 20, 2012
The launcher is good, lots of features that makes it stand however it's laggy especially when going to widgets.. Not as smooth as Nova launcher please fix this ASAPKevin Wolfe - December 18, 2012
New update ruins the launcher
Widgets are now weirdly cut off and there's a hazy dark border around all of the homescreens against my formerly bright wallpaper. Uninstalling and switching to a different launcher. Very, very disappointed.A Google User - December 18, 2012
The best ICS/JB launcher available...
I've used many launchers in my time with Android going back to Cupcake but now with Jelly Bean I wanted more from my launcher and with ADW, LPP, Go Launcher and even Nova not cutting it, Apex was the answer. A fantastic launcher, a head and shoulders above the rest. Thanks for the dock icon resizing, excellent addition.APFX Portal - December 19, 2012
Icon vety small and not hd
After instal last update, icon very small on my tablet. When I change icon size to 150% resolution icon bluur. Plese fix this, for this moment I uninstal this app. Waiting for next updateTom Meek - December 19, 2012
I like this launcher a lot...especially the fact that you can have nine screens, customize icons and edit titles, and have more than one quick launch set if needed...a lot of flexibility. The only issue I'm having of note is, as has been mentioned elsewhere, some widgets (in my case some 4x1 clock/weather widgets) that have content near the edges are being cut off...which I hope gets fixed soon.A Google User - December 18, 2012
A few things that bug me.....
Is there away i can get touchwiz widgets to work with this? They never appear in the widgets list. Also I love the ability to hide the notification bar but I do like to check it from time to time for battery % and other things. Is there a way an option can be added to enable tapping the top of the screen to show the notification bar for a few seconds?A Google User - December 18, 2012
███ TERRIBLE UPDATE ███
Icons are now VERY irregular in size and fonts have become blurry, changing icon size DOES NOT HELP as it make the problems WORSE......... WHAT A MESS!
Apex Launcher Pro Android Does
Fancy Widgets Android Does
Fancy Widgets Unlocker Android Does
Gingerbread Apex Theme Android Does
Nova Launcher Prime TeslaCoil Software
ADWLauncher EX AnderWeb
TSF Shell TSFUI
Beautiful Widgets LevelUp Studio
ADW Apex GO Theme Onyx Black Sonny Sekhon
Glasklart Go Apex Theme Kxnt
Whiteout (launcher theme) kovdev
ADW APEX GO - iPhone EX dcomobile